All recipes Share
Raspberry Lemon Possets
“Posset” refers to an old English drink made in a way that’s similar to this simple pudding. This dessert is delightful and fresh. Try it this Easter weekend!
- 2 ¼ cup (half a bag) Snowcrest Frozen Raspberries
- 1 ¼ cup (300 ml) sugar
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 ⅓ cup (560 ml) whipping cream
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) granulated sugar
- 3 lemons, grated zest and juice
For the raspberry sauce:
- Place three quarters of the raspberries into a large saucepan. Add the sugar and lemon and stir well. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the mixture thickens.
- Pass through a fine sieve to remove the seeds.
- Stir in the remaining raspberries. Divide the raspberry sauce evenly among four glasses. Place in the refrigerator.
For the Possets:
- Bring cream and sugar to boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Boil 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, adjusting heat as needed to prevent mixture from boiling over.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in grated lemon zest and juice, cool 10 minutes. Stir mixture again and divide evenly into the glasses over the raspberry sauce.
- Cover and chill possets until set, at least 4 hours or overnight.
Decorate with a fresh mint leaf.