All recipes Share
Wild Blueberry Pie
- 6 cups (900 g) Snowcrest® Wild Blueberries (thawed)
- ⅓ cup (45 g) flour
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- ¼ cup (55 g) brown sugar
- ½ tsp (2 g) cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2 g) nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5 g) finely chopped lemon zest
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (42 g) butter
- 2 premade sweet pastry pie crusts
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large saucepan, bring the blueberries, lemon zest and lemon juice to a gentle boil.
- Add the flour, sugar and spice mixture and cook for 1 minute until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter.
- Cool the filling to room temperature before adding to the pie crust. This is very important or your bottom pie crust will be soggy. Pour into the pie crust.
- Top with second pastry round, tucking the edges of the dough under the bottom crust and flute the edges together.
- Brush with egg wash made by whisking 1 large egg yolk & 1 to 2 tablespoons of water.
- Lightly sprinkle sugar over the top of the egg washed pie.
- Chill the pie for 20-30 minutes in the fridge and bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F. If the crust begins to get too dark around the sides, cover the edges with strips of aluminum foil and continue baking until the rest of the pie is completely baked.
- Cool completely before serving.