All recipes Share
Cranberry Cake Square
- 2 cups (500 ml) frozen Snowcrest Cranberries
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup (125 ml) chopped walnuts
- ½ cup (125 ml) melted unsalted butter
- 2 eggs beated
- 1 tsp (5 ml) almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 8 x 8 square pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts. Stir in the butter, beaten eggs, and almond extract. (Batter may be thick)
- Spread batter into square pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
Serve warm with frozen yogurt or ice cream.