All recipes Share
Strawberry Bavarian Cream with Raspberry Jelly
- 1 package (600 grams) frozen Snowcrest Strawberries, thawed
- ⅓ cup (80 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups (330 mL) buttermilk
- 2 packages (14 grams) unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup (125 mL) cold water
- 3 ½ cups (875 mL) frozen Snowcrest Raspberries
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon (95 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons (7.5 mL) unflavored powdered gelatin
- ¼ cup (60 mL) cold water
- Place the thawed strawberries, sugar, and buttermilk in your food processor and process until very smooth. (Taste and add sugar to taste, if necessary.)
- In medium sized saucepan bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle gelatin over ½ cup (125 ml) of cold water. Let this mixture sit for 5 – 10 minutes. Then stir the softened gelatin into the heated strawberry cream and continue stirring until the gelatin particles have completely dissolved.
- Let the cream cool slightly and then pour into 6 – 8 serving dishes. (Leave enough space for about 1/4 cup (60 ml) of raspberry jelly.)
- Place in the refrigerator and chill until the cream has set, between 2 to 4 hours. Then make the raspberry jelly.
- Place the frozen raspberries and sugar in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Cover the bowl with a piece of aluminum foil and heat the berries, stirring occasionally, for about 30 – 40 minutes, or until the berries are soft and have released their juices.
- Then, remove the berries from the heat and press through a fine meshed strainer to remove the seeds.
- In a measuring cup add the heated berries and add water (if necessary) to make 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) of raspberry juice.
- In a small bowl soften the gelatin in 1/4 cup (60 ml) of cold water.
- Let this mixture sit for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the raspberry juice until hot, stirring constantly. Stir the softened gelatin into the heated raspberry juice until the gelatin particles have completely dissolved.
- Return the mixture to the heat, if necessary. Let the raspberry jelly cool slightly and then pour over the chilled strawberry cream.
- Refrigerate for about 2 – 4 hours or until set. Serve with a spoonful of whipped cream.