All recipes Share
Top off a great meal with a great dessert, try this blueberry delight!
- 5 cups (600g) Snowcrest Blueberries
- 2 (9 inch) prepared deep dish pie shells
- 4 tbsp (45 ml) cornstarch
- 3 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- ¾ cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C).
- In a large bowl, toss the frozen blueberries, cornstarch, flour, sugar and lemon juice.
- Mound blueberries into prepared deep dish pie shell. Dot with half of the butter. Wet pie edges with a bit of water.
- Invert second pie shell to fit top of pie.
- Gently crimp edges to secure seal. Cut slits for steam to escape. Brush remaining butter on top of pastry.
- Place pie on baking sheet on middle rack in oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375° F (190°C) and bake until juices begin to bubble through steam slits (about 35-45 minutes).
- Cool for 1 hour before serving. Can be served with vanilla ice cream or vanilla frozen yogurt.