All recipes Share
Shrimp and Mango Kabobs in Ginger Marinade
These Shrimp and Mango Kabobs are great for a New Years Eve appetizer. They are full of flavour and part of our Healthy Holiday Recipes!
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup (120 ml) lime juice
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) chopped cilantro
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups (480 ml) Snowcrest Frozen Mango chunks, thawed
- In a large bowl, whisk together ginger, garlic, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, brown sugar, oil, sesame oil, and cilantro. Add the shrimp. Toss to coat shrimp; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove shrimp from marinade. Pour marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil for one full minute. Remove from heat.
- Alternately thread shrimp and Snowcrest Frozen Mango Chunks on skewers. Place skewers in center of cooking grate. Grill 4 to 6 minutes until shrimp turn pink and opaque, turning once halfway through grilling time, basting with reserved marinade. Serve warm.