All recipes Share
Rosemary Chicken Skewers with Rhubarb Sauce
Another great appetizer to serve during this Holiday season. Also part of our Healthy Holiday Recipes.
- 4-6 boneless chicken thighs or breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds), skin on or off
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) chopped, fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup (60 ml) dry white wine or vermouth
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) pepper
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 3 cups (720 ml) Snowcrest Frozen Rhubarb
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) honey
- ¼ cup (60 ml) orange juice
- Cut the chicken into 1 ½ inch pieces and place in a bowl. Mix with the wine, oil, rosemary, and pepper.
- Cover and set aside to marinate in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers and season with salt.
Preheat the grill for direct high heat. Brush the grill grates with olive oil. Place chicken skewers on grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Place on a platter and cover with foil to allow the chicken to rest.
Preheat the broiler. Place skewers on an oiled broiling pan, 5 to 6 inches away from the burner. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Place on a platter and cover with foil to allow the chicken to rest.
Place on a platter and serve immediately with Rhubarb Sauce.
Directions for Rhubarb Sauce
- Stir together rhubarb, honey and orange juice and cook over medium heat until the rhubarb softens and sauce thickens.Make sure to stir frequently so the sauce does not burn.
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove from heat and pour into a food processor or blender. Process until sauce is smooth. Serve warm in small dipping bowls.