All recipes Share
Peach Bread Pudding
A classic family favourite.
- 1½ cup (337gg) Snowcrest Sliced Peaches - 1 cup chopped,½ cup (8-10 pieces) set aside for garnish.
- 2 loaves (approximately 7 cups) of slightly stale bread, cut in cubes
- 4 eggs
- ½ (75g) cup raisins
- 1 ½ cups (375ml) milk
- 1 cup (250ml) heavy cream (or any other cream or even more full fat milk)
- 3 tbsp (40g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ½ cup (110g) white sugar
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
2. Place eggs in a large bowl, whisk briefly and add the melted butter – set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix together the milk,cream,sugar,nutmeg, vanilla,raisins and chopped peaches.
4.Add the cubed bread and let stand for 3-5 minutes or until the bread has completely absorbed the milk mixture.
5. Mix the egg mixture to the bread mixture and mix thoroughly.
6. Add the mixture to a 10-12 inch baking dish. Top with sliced peaches and sprinkle with brown sugar.
7. Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes.