All recipes Share
Orange Blueberry Muffins
Brighten your day with these zesty muffins. They are bursting with orange flavour!
- 1 cup (240 ml) instant oats
- 1 cup (240 ml) orange juice
- 3 cups (720 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (240 ml) sugar
- 2 ½ tsp. (12.5 ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 ⅔ cups (400 ml) Snowcrest Frozen Blueberries (do not thaw)
- 1 ½ tsp. (7.5 ml) orange zest
- ½ (120 ml) cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- ⅓ (80 ml) cup sugar
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine the instant oats and orange juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat the eggs and combine with the oil and oat mixture; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in Snowcrest Frozen Blueberries and orange zest.
- Line muffin pans with paper-liners; fill each liner two thirds full. If desired, combine the topping ingredients (nuts, sugar, cinnamon); sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes then remove from pans and place on wire racks.