All recipes Share
Almond Cherry Buttercake
A fun flour free spin on a Dutch classic.
- 1 cup (225 g) Snowcrest Dark Sweet Pitted Cherries (thawed)
- ⅔ (240 ml) cup unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs
- ½ (120 ml) cup whipping cream
- 2 tsp almond extract
- ½ cup (100 g) sugar
- ½ cup (144 g) almond flour
- ¼ cup (24 g) coconut flour
- 2 tsp (8 g) baking powder
- 2 tbsp (30 g)melted butter
- ¼ cup (144 g) almond flour
- ¼ cup (24g) coconut flour
- 2 tbsp (8 g) sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Line bottom of springform pan with parchment paper and butter lightly.
- Melt butter. Set aside and let it cool.
- Drain cherries and place onto a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Beat eggs for 5 minutes until very light and fluffy. Add in cooled, melted butter, whipping cream, and almond extract. Beat again until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir sweetener, flours, and baking powder together, add to wet ingredients and beat once more to combine.
- Pour a third of the batter into prepared pan, add the cherries and then pour the remaining batter on top to cover the cherries completely.
- Top with crumble and bake for 30-35 minutes until knife comes out clean.
Cool and serve!