All recipes Share
Strawberry Lemon Granita
Summer is here! This lemony-sweet icy treat is sure to satisfy your cravings!
- 1 cup (240 ml) hot water
- ⅓ to ½ cup (80 to 120 ml) sugar
- Zest and juice from one lemon
- 3 cups (720 ml) Snowcrest Frozen Strawberries (thawed)
- Place hot water, sugar, lemon zest and juice in a bowl and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Blend the Snowcrest Strawberries in a food processor until they are smooth. Add the strawberry puree to the sugar syrup and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into 13x9x2-inch nonstick metal baking pan.
- Freeze until it is icy around the edges, about 25 minutes.
- Using a fork, stir the icy portions into the middle of the pan.
- Freeze until mixture is frozen, stirring edges into the center every 20 to 30 minutes, about 1 ½ hours.
- Using a fork, scrape the granita into flaky crystals.
- Cover tightly and freeze. (Can be made 1 day ahead- keep frozen)
- Scrape Strawberry Granita into bowls.
- Garnish with berries and serve.