All recipes Share
A great make ahead idea!
Delicious topping for desserts, appetizers or add to smoothies and even oatmeal.
- 1 bag (600g) Snowcrest Frozen Rhubarb
- ½ cup (120ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup (198g ) white sugar
1. In a saucepan mix together all ingredients, let stand 30-45 minutes to defrost.
2. Cook on medium heat, stirring often until the rhubarb starts to cook down and come to a low boil ( 25-30 minutes)
3. Reduce heat and simmer to desired consistency, remove from heat.
4. Puree with an immersion blender or any countertop blender.
*Note – if blending hot rhubarb in a countertop blender be sure to not seal the lid of the blender completely.
5. Use right away or cool completely and freeze in an ice cube tray for future applications.