Cranberry Apple Stuffing
A delicious vegetarian stuffing for cranberry lovers!
- 1 cup (225g) Snowcrest Frozen Cranberries
- 2 loaves (approximately 7 cups) of slightly stale bread, cut in cubes
- 3 tbsp (1.5 oz) olive oil
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 stalks of celery and leaves chopped
- 2 c. low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. rosemary
- 1 tbsp. sage
- 1/2 tbsp. thyme
- 1/2 tbsp. tarragon
- 1/4 tbsp. mace
1. Tear or slice bread into cubes and leave out overnight to dry. (Or you can place bread on baking sheets and bake at 200º for around 15 minutes.)
2. Preheat oven to 350º and prepare large baking dish.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, Add olive oil, onion, celery, use a cheese grater to grate apples directly into the skillet. Cook until soft and fragrant, 8 minutes. Stir in sage, thyme, rosemary, tarragon & mace and cook until fragrant, 2 minute more. with salt and pepper. Stir in remaining 3 tablespoons butter and parsley.
4. Place bread in a large bowl and add onion mixture and chicken broth, mix thoroughly. Add the frozen cranberries and stir once more.
5. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and cover with foil. Bake until cooked through, 45 minutes, then remove foil and cook until bread is golden, 15 minutes more.
Garnish and serve