All recipes Share
Blueberry Lemon Bread
A refreshing combination for any time of the year!
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen Snowcrest Blueberries (for a bread bursting with blueberries use 1 ¼ cup)
- 1 ½ cup (375 mL) flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) unsalted butter (room temp)
- ¾ cup (190 mL) sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon zest
- ½ cup low fat milk (split into 2)
- ¼ cup (65 mL) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease a 9 x 5 bread pan.
- In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat butter until soft, add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, then add eggs beating them in one at a time, add vanilla, and lemon zest.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 additions alternating with the milk that is split into 2. In other words, mix a third of the flour mixture then mix ¼ cup milk, mix a third of the flour then mix the remaining milk and the remaining flour mixture.
- Fold in the frozen Snowcrest Blueberries.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes depending on oven.
- To make the lemon glaze bring the lemon juice and sugar to a boil stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Once the loaf is baked let cool for 30 minutes in the pan, poke small holes with a toothpick in the loaf and then apply the glaze.