All recipes Share
Sweet Raspberry Bread
Beautiful colour and flavour! Try it with a spead of low fat cream cheese.
- 2 cups (480 ml) flour
- 1 cup (240 ml) sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. (3 ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp. (3 ml) baking soda
- ½ tsp. (3 ml) salt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) butter (or margarine)
- ¾ cup (180 ml) orange juice
- 1 tbsp. (30 ml) grated orange zest
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. (3 ml) vanilla or almond extract
- ½ cup (120 ml) chopped almonds (optional)
- 2 cups (480 ml) Snowcrest Frozen Raspberries (slightly thawed)
- Grease and flour a 9” x 5” loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift all dry ingredients (including sugar) into a large mixing bowl then cut in butter to resemble coarse cornmeal texture.
- Combine orange juice, zest and egg in a small bowl. Pour into dry ingredients and blend well to moisten, don’t over mix.
- Fold in Snowcrest Frozen Raspberries and chopped almonds.
- Put mixture into the greased pan, spreading batter slightly up the sides.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert carefully onto a rack to cool completely.
- Slice when completely cooled. Freezes well.