This recipe is so easy and delicious and has so many uses, you’ll want to put in on everything…
- One bag (600g) of Snowcrest Pomegranate Arils
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
1. Defrost Pomegranate Arils and add to blender with one cup water to seperate the fruit and juice from the seeds.
2. Add the pomegranate seed mixture to a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then immediately remove from the heat.
3. Strain the pomegranate seed mixture with a fine mesh strainer, using a spatula to press the juice through the strainer.
4. Rinse the saucepan to remove any remaining seeds. Return the pomegranate juice to the saucepan and now add the lemon juice and sugar.
5. Return to the stove and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. As soon as the juice boils, reduce the heat to medium-low.
6. Let the mixture simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
7. After 45 minutes reduce the heat to low and stir constantly for 3-5 minutes. Check consistency by dipping the tip of a spoon in the hot mixture and letting the hot molasses drip onto a plate – it should be tacky.
8. Remove from the stove and immediately pour into an airtight jar. The molasses will thicken substantially as it cools.
Yields 3/4 – 1 cup molasses