All recipes Share
Tangy Sweet Blueberry Sauce
This tangy-sweet sauce is perfect for use on pancakes, crepes, waffles, ice cream, toast, stirred in yogurts, or as filling in cakes or muffins.
- 3 cups (750 ml) frozen Snowcrest Blueberries
- 1 cup (250 ml) granulated sugar (or if less is desired can use 3/4 cup (190 ml)
- 2 ½ tsp (12.5 ml) cornflour
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) ground cinnamon (can use less is you’re not a cinnamon person)
- Pinch of salt
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon zest (freshly grated)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice (freshly squeezed preferred), or to taste
- Place the sugar, cornflour, cinnamon, salt, and water in a medium sized saucepan and stir until smooth.
- Gently stir in the blueberries and place the saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer the sauce until the liquid thickens, stirring occasionally (about 8 – 10 minutes). It is okay if some of the blueberries break down and others remain whole. For a thicker consistency simmer sauce longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest and juice. Taste and add more lemon juice if needed. Let cool and then cover and refrigerate for up to a week.