All recipes Share
Berry Scary Halloween Cupcakes
Make your Halloween a berry one! Decorate your cupcakes with berry spiders and ghosts!
- Snowcrest Frozen Berry Blend
- White and dark melting chocolate
- Your favourite muffin or cupcake recipe (for a healthier twist, try our Orange Blueberry Muffins recipe)
- Frosting of your choice
- Bake your cupcakes (or muffins). Let them cool to room temperature.
- Cover them with your favourite frosting and set aside.
- Now separate some strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries from a bag of Snowcrest Frozen Barry Blend, and place them on a pan covered in wax paper.
- Place the pan of berries back in the freezer.
To make the Strawberry Ghosts:
- Melt a hand full of white melting chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds until melted.
- Take the strawberries out of the freezer. Cover strawberries in white chocolate, one at a time, and place them back on the wax paper. If you are using pre-made candy eyes make sure to be quick when putting them on, as the chocolate will set very quickly. Use melted dark chocolate to create the mouth (and eyes if not using candy).
- Place the strawberry ghosts back in the freezer. When you are ready to serve, place them on the cupcakes.
To make the Spiders and their Webs:
- First, use the melted white chocolate to create the spider webs (a small round piping tip works best).
- Then use the melted dark chocolate to create the spider legs.
- When you are ready to serve the cupcakes, add the frozen berries (one big and one small) to create the spider bodies.
Tip: Keep the prepared fruit in the freezer until just before you are ready to serve the cupcakes.