Organic Sliced Strawberries
Available only in selected COSTCO locations – August 2019
Snowcrest Farms Organic Sliced Strawberries are packed with an abundance of nutrients and exquisite flavour. These strawberries are a rich red-coloured fruit that are an excellent source of dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. The strawberries are harvested and frozen at the “peak of perfection”™ and as a result have a lusciously sweet flavour and provide many nutrients important for a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Health & Nutritional Facts of Sliced Strawberries
- Strawberry is low in calories and fats but a rich source of many health promoting phyto-nutrients, minerals and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
- Strawberries have significantly high amounts of phenolic flavonoid phyto-chemicals called anthocyanins and ellagic acid. Scientific studies show that consumption of strawberries may have potential health benefits against cancer, aging, inflammation and neurological diseases.
- Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin-C, which is also a powerful natural antioxidant. Consumption of fruits rich in vitamin C helps body develop resistance against infectious agents, counter inflammation and scavenge harmful free radicals.
- The fruit is rich in the B-complex group of vitamins. It contains very good amounts of vitamin-B6, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and folic acid. These vitamins are acting as co-factors help body metabolize carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
- Strawberries contain vitamin A, vitamin E and many health promoting flavonoid poly phenolic antioxidants such as lutein, zeaxanthin, beta carotene in small amounts. These compounds help act as protective scavengers against oxygen-derived free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) that play a role in aging and various disease process.
- They contain good amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, fluorine, copper, iron and iodine. Potassium in an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure. Manganese is used by the body as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase. Copper is required in the production of red blood cells. Iron is required for red blood cell formation. Fluoride is a component of bones and teeth and is important for prevention of dental caries.